Gurney Environmental Ltd. is an established UK-based, internationally-operating, manufacturing, project engineering and equipment/services supply company. Gurney Environmental supply a range of unique and highly competitive water and wastewater solutions and treatment systems to a varied customer base including many of the UK’s water utility companies, major landowners and foreign municipals.
To build on our recent market successes, we are looking for an experienced business development manager to help drive our expansion plans as well as develop new and existing sales channels for our water and wastewater treatment systems and technologies.
The ideal candidate will be self-driven, competitive, and with the vision to identify and create new business opportunities and sales in a number of potential markets. Highly motivated with good presentation and communication skills, candidates will ideally have a background in engineering, preferably in the water industry.
Specifically the job duties would include: A) Contacting potential customers in person. B) Researching and targeting key decision makers. C) Developing rapport and building relationships with key decision makers. D) Providing customised solutions to customers.
Based in West Norfolk, the position comes with a generous package for the right individual.
- Relationship management of existing client base as well as developing relationships to increase pipeline business. National travel required;
- Maintain positive relationships with clients, customers and colleagues;
- Collaborate with our strategic vision to identify emerging opportunities that will support us in achieving targets;
- Weekly progress reporting;
- Learn and understand our full service offerings/technologies and the benefits they provide to your target buyers, including technical aspects of the services;
- Full Account Management, including liaising with wider teams such as design and production to ensure the deliverables are being met;
- To represent Gurney Environmental Ltd at major industry events, conferences and trade shows with the ability to network effectively;
- Building and maintaining a database of contacts and projects;
- Have experience in water and wastewater industry with a good knowledge of current innovative technologies;
- Have a "people first" approach in all areas of the role, internal and client facing;
- Be dynamic, positive and ambitious;
- Have previous sales experience;
- Be experienced in dealing with senior buyers and stakeholders;
- Be commercially minded;
- Have a positive and highly energetic mind-set;
- Have the ability to self-motivate and effectively manage/work with teams to meet business goals;
- Be honest, driven and willing to work together as a team to complete tasks;
- Have strong interpersonal skills; able to operate at all levels with colleagues, customers, and industry groups;
- Have good skills in presenting to groups of people and confidence in speaking to new and existing clients;
You can expect:
- Use of a company vehicle for meetings
- A mobile phone
- A laptop
- Private medical scheme following initial probation
- Base salary plus bonuses paid for won contracts
Telephone ( +44-(0)1553 776202) for more information or submit CV using the form below.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent